Since I’ve been reading so many press releases lately about renewable energy developments in Thailand I thought I would have a little bit of fun with Google Maps and start mapping the different installations. I put four locations on this map that are within a two hour drive of Pak Chong where I live.
You can click on the image to get the full size. Markers on the map are as follows:
- The little house icon is at Pak Chong in the center of the map which is where I live
- Korat 1 is a 6 MW solar PV plant in Non Sung that went into operation in April 2010
- Huay Bong 1 & 2 are wind power projects in Dan Khun Thot
- 73 MW solar PV is the big project in Lopburi that breaks ground this month
- 38 MW solar PV is the project in Ayutthaya (Bang Pa-in) that breaks ground this month
I really want to take a tour of these plants. Maybe sometime soon I’ll have more details and hopefully photos.